Thursday, January 3, 2013

Welcome home!


Many of you might be wondering where my posts have gone. I went to visit the good 'ole city of Nashville, Tennessee for the holidays. Today I leave for Guwahati and am so excited to go back. (But I am not excited about the 48 hour trip). I am currently in the Chicago airport, waiting on my flight to New Delhi. Waiting, waiting, waiting….


When I first landed in the States coming over for the holidays, I have to say I experienced some major culture shock. From the moment I looked out the airplane window and saw cars driving in designated lanes, I was surprised at how huge the differences seemed. I forgot how much stuff there is in American airports and the United States in general. Food galore, stuff everywhere. People live differently around the world and that is what makes it such an amazing place.

But the way I look at things has changed more than I thought it would. I see things through a different lens, that being the lens of a country that has 1.4 billion people in it, most of whom are very, very poor.

I have to say that I had a great time while I was home. I spent lots of time with family and friends, ate delicious American food (we ate some shrimp from Louisiana last night that dad recently brought home), and enjoyed Christmas and New Years. 

This semester has so much in store for me and I am so excited to get started. I look forward to sharing all of it with you. 

Sending smiles from O'Hare Airport, 
Hannah


My first meal in the airport, salad (with lots of cheese) and yogurt and milk. YUMMY!  
Met my beautiful goddaughter: Charlotte!  (photo not taken by me) .
Spending time with my dad! 
Katie, my friend from North Carolina, came to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment